Thursday 3 January 2013

New year 2012, London.



It's safe to say that I'm not usually one for big celebrations when it comes to New Year. It's never been something I've been fussed about. However, this year my best friend moved to London so naturally a road trip to London and a very long weekend spanning New Year was inevitable. 
I outdid myself with the sheer amount of photos that were taken in the space of 4 days, camera happy would be an understatement.



I won't bore you with endless streams of photos that frankly would only be entertaining for me and my equally abnormal friends, but I will share one or two which dare I say, teeter on the more creative side.


London. New Years Eve. 2012. Leicester Square. Lights.

London. New Years Eve. 2012. Leicester Square. Lights. Reflection.

London. New Years Eve. 2012. Leicester Square. Lights. Reflection.


I love reflection photography. It's rare for me to like my own photos but I am fairly pleased with the outcome of these!
Whilst everyone else around me was snapping away at the towering lights and billboards, I was getting overly excited at puddles on the ground.
I like the contrast and the sharpness of detail in something that is completely fluid. In comparison to the 'normal' photo at the top, the two reflections offer a much more dynamic - and in my opinion - exciting composition.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year!

x




No comments:

Post a Comment