Sunday 6 January 2013

Trend Package SS13

During the mundane task of removing items from my external hard drive to create more space, I came across some of my old uni projects. In September 2011 we had to devise a sketchbook resulting in a Trend package that depicted our visions of fashion trends in Spring/Summer of 2013.

This is something I had never done before but I loved building the visual representation of a trend, pulling apart aspects of current environments and fashions and evolving them.
I hold out no hope for my trend predictions being even remotely right but from a purely visual viewpoint they come together relatively well. There are 10 sketchbook research pages that support the final outcome but I won't bore you all with them. My main inspiration came from the poor economic climate, the London Riots and the Olympics. A strange combination but things that feed off of one another. 
I named my trend package 'Colour Injection' and it represents the move away from the negativity of the aforementioned economic climate and riots and towards something hugely positive like the 2012 Olympics. In terms of colour pallets this translates to a move from neutral colours - colours that mask personality, to vibrant colors that come part and parcel with the Olympics and the inevitable excitement. Like the injection of pride, hope and positivity, I predicted that the Olympics would bring with it an injection of colour in to how we present ourselves as individuals in 2013.


Sketchbook. Trend Package. Fashion. Colour.

Title Page. Trend Package. Fashion. Colour.

Trend Package. Fashion. Colour.


Trend Package. Fashion. Colour.

I'm not sure if you will be able to read the text on some of the pages as the font is relatively small. I apologise if that is the case!

x


No comments:

Post a Comment