Friday 25 January 2013

Project ideas and paper samples

I never thought I would be uttering these words, but I am really missing having Uni work to do. I don't miss the stress and the deadlines, but I do really miss having projects. Something to research and develop, something that allows me to be as creative as I want to be. I miss getting excited when I come up with a new concept. Basically, I miss being creative.
It is surprisingly difficult to find something in everyday life that would provide enough interest and dedication to create a project of sorts. I have however decided on what I am going to do in my spare time over the coming weeks.
I've always been one to keep scrapbooks, photo albums, gig scrapbooks etc, but they're more of a documentation of events. I want to take my usual scrapbooking and turn it in to an inspiration based and inspiration forming project for both Photography and Makeup artistry. I want to display all that inspires me, build colour charts, form outline ideas and hopefully end up with a book of ideas and concepts that I would be ideally able to use as reference points in the future.

I have a vast collection of creative materials but one thing I always seem to be lacking is a selection of good quality paper, different colours, textures, thicknesses can really bring a visual project to life.
I ordered some paper samples from a company I used for my Final Major Project at Uni called GFSmith (http://www.gfsmith.com/), they can provide samples by specific request or a sample package which is what I ordered.


Paper, samples, colour, books


Paper, samples, colour chart, colour, texture


Paper, samples, colour, chart, book, texture



To any of you who don't love stationery as much as I do (probably quite a lot of you), this rather long post about paper will probably have gotten boring a few paragraphs ago.. But for those of you who are still with me I shall go on. The sample pack includes 2 booklets (both of which provide a fold out 3D colour chart) and 4 smaller books of paper samples. Every colour, thickness and texture of paper you could imagine.

The textures of the papers scream makeup designs at me, whilst the colours flood me with ideas for lighting and settings for photo shoots. To anyone looking at starting a creative project I would highly recommend having a look on their website :)

I'll be starting my self briefed project as soon as I have all the materials I need, I'll try and be a good blogger and follow the progress!

x



No comments:

Post a Comment