Thursday 6 December 2012

Gabrielle Aplin - The Power of Love (John Lewis)

The fact I can blog about this and the majority of those of you who read it will know what I'm on about makes me happy in itself.
I love Gabrielle Aplin, I have done for years now. She comes from Bath which is just up the road from where I live. Over the years I've downloaded singles, been to small local gigs and urged my friends to listen to her incredible voice. It's nice to see someone succeed in something they're clearly born to do for a change!
Despite my attempts to spread her music, it seems that all was needed to bring her to everyone's attention was the eagerly awaited annual John Lewis Christmas Advert. Covering 'The Power of Love', Gabrielle Aplin transforms an already brilliantly written, moving advert in to something sensationally powerful.
Here it is if you haven't already seen it!




And here is the full song and video by Gabrielle Aplin;




Her voice is beautiful, it always is and will do any song justice. There is something about this track though that takes it to the next level. It's beautifully haunting, both powerful and delicate at the same time. It's good listened to quietly or as loud as your speakers can manage, it is deservedly working it's way up the UK singles chart. If there is any sanity left in music tastes, it deserves to hang around to make that sacred Christmas Number one instead of the generic x factor one hit wonder...

If you haven't already, listen to some more of her tracks, you definitely won't be disappointed and you may just find the soundtrack to your christmas!

Enjoy (:

x

No comments:

Post a Comment