Friday 12 April 2013

Paramore. BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge, April 13.


I apologise now as I am about to bombard you with 3 Paramore related blog posts...
It has taken me a few days longer than I would have liked to get around to posting these but better late than never - hopefully!

Okay so firstly, in anticipation of the release of their new album, Radio 1 had Paramore as guests in the Live Lounge last week. To any of you who listen to Radio 1 and appreciate good live music then you will understand that a favourite artist combined with Live Lounge is more than enough grounds for extreme excitement.

Live lounge traditions see artists play one of their own songs and a mystery cover. However, due to the distance traveled Paramore were given an extra slot so the playlist went as follows;

Still into you
Matilda (Alt-J cover)
Hate to see your heart break

This is an extremely exciting playlist for me for more than one reason. The first obviously being that any sound that leaves Hayleys mouth is vocal perfection. The mystery cover could not have been more perfect! I love Alt-J and Matilda is such a beautiful song, hearing Paramore cover it in such a stripped back pure way was incredible and is easily my favourite live lounge cover to date.



Secondly, 'Hate to see your heart break' was a world exclusive and was aired before they were set to premier the track later that evening, for anyone who appreciates new music you'll know that that is a pretty big thing.

I won't make this any longer than necessary but I strongly recommend checking out the other two live lounge performances on youtube as if you're a fan you won't be disappointed and if you're not, well you just might be surprised!

Enjoy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment